The first school, consisting of one room, was built in 1880. By 1960, eight additional classrooms and a basement were added. In 1967, six more rooms and a multi-purpose room were added. In 1992, the new gym and two classrooms were added and extensive remodeling was completed. In April, 2001, the community voted to help High Mount expand the school. This expansion provided needed space for the growing student population, storage areas, and allowed for enhancements to the curriculum.
In 2003, great things happened again. Construction of a new wing began. We now have new and additional classrooms, band/chorus music room, science laboratory and new offices. In 2006 we installed an electronic marquee and constructed a new main entry-way.